It's ironic that the work I chose for 2020 was control.
I can't remember a time when I've felt like things were so out of control in so many ways. Professionally, personally, everything was just off it's ever-loving rocker. But as I sit here and think about all of the ways things were ridiculously out of control, I'm realizing how true this word ended up being.
- When thrust into the world of being an online teacher, I focused on what I could control and did the best I could. I 100% wasn't perfect, but I stayed connected with my kids and that's what's most important.
- I took control of my physical health and exercised every day since March 14.
- I also took control of my physical and spiritual health by trying acupuncture! It's very fulfilling to be under the care of a former student - talk about full circle!
- I took control of my emotional health by working with an AMAZING life coach who has helped me grow so much. Seriously - if you are considering working with somebody, Laura is your person.
- I took control of my intellectual health by starting courses towards by second masters.
- I couldn't spend the time with friends and family like I wanted to, but I consider that taking control because I am choosing to do my part to try to limit the spread of this stupid virus.