Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Hope

I hope my kids know, every day, just how much I love them.

I hope my kids realize how unique and special they are.

I hope my kids find something they love and want to know more about.

I hope my kids realize that reading is something we do for fun and to learn, not something we do to fill in bubble on a test.

I hope my kids have fun. And laugh. And feel safe. And feel like they are part of a family.

I hope my kids realize that we're not always going to be happy with each other, but that doesn't give us the right to be mean or belittle each other. I hope maybe some adults learn that, too.

I hope their parents realize what gift they've been given and how thankful I am that they share their kids with me.

I hope I remember that it's okay when things aren't perfect. Everything I do is a chance to learn and get better.

I hope I remember to take care of myself -- I can't be the best possible wife, friend and teacher if I'm not the best possible me.

I hope number 16 is one to remember for all of the right reasons. And I hope your year is, too.




No comments: