Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Never Underestimate the Power of Connections

I initially started out this post with something flowery... I wanted some prolific statement that would impact anybody who happens to read this little blog of mine. Then I realized, that's not really what this post is about.

This post is really about people. People you can trust. People who care about you. People you care about. And the amazing things that a group of people who trust each other and care about each other can accomplish when they put their minds to it.

We should never, ever underestimate the power of the connections that we make with other people and all that we gain from those connections. I'm guessing that you can think back to your day today and put your finger on one connection with a person that impacted you in a meaningful way. If you can't, I'm very sorry. Thankfully I can.

My day made me realize how lucky I am to have coworkers in whom I can trust and with whom I can brainstorm and work towards change. It also made me realize how important it is to focus on my students and who they are as whole people, not just as bubble-filling-in machines. They don't need that skill when they're adults. They need to know how to be good people who can solve problems.

So they can make connections with others and make a difference when they grow up.

No comments: