Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Goals

After yesterday's post I sat down and really thought about what I want for my goals and priorities. First I really had to think about what goals and priorities are. I came up with the following definitions for myself:

Goals: those things that I want to accomplish by the end of the next school year
Priorities: the things I want to keep at the top of my list for my well-being

I made lots of lists and realized that the whole purpose of this was to limit what I was doing, so I tried to focus on manageable for one school year. Here's what I came up with:

Goals for 2016-2107:
  • Look at my students as whole children - I will not focus on my kids as test scores, and I will do what I can do help them develop as good people.
  • Get back to using technology the way I was using it 5 years ago
  • Incorporate more student choice / student directed learning in my classroom 
  • Develop well written, integrated science units for each unit of study
Priorities to achieve my goals:
  • Use my time at work wisely so that I can focus on my health and enjoy my time at home
  • Focused planning time with my teaching partner to help us both learn and grow as teachers
  • Use my online presence to learn and reflect on what's happening in my classroom
I feel like my one extra duty, my building's tech liaison, falls into my first goal and my priority to keep up my online presence. There's also another potential position I might apply for that would support all of these different goals and priorities. I'm hopeful that setting these goals and using what I'm learning this summer will help me be successful this year.

No comments: