Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Checking In After a Busy Week

It has been a busy, busy week. It started last weekend with a ton of work at home and not much time to relax and rejuvenate. Even though I started out the week exhausted, it was totally worth it. My waterlogged basement is dry, recarpeted and livable once again! As much as I'm happy with how things are going at school I don't think I'll ever be truly caught up with that part of my life this year so I was very excited to have my house clean and organized. If everything else is crazy, at least I can come home to a place that is clean and calming.

We're starting to work on our next PBL unit based on the Titanic so we will see how this one goes. The kids just asked their questions, and my student teacher and I are providing the instruction on the reading strategies and skills that are focused on for the next few assessments. I'm looking forward to getting to the student-lead part of the learning to see what they will do this time around. I was thinking about requiring a student or group created digital artifact for this project, but I'm not sure about that yet. Need to do a little more thinking.

Much of my time outside of school has been focused on my PLP e-course that I'm taking about being a connected coach. I'll be writing more about that this week; I have learned so much, and I think it would be great for all classroom teachers to learn more about being a coach. It would not only help teachers support their coworkers, but I am definitely learning how to work differently with my students!

The other important thing that I've done is I've gotten back to taking better care of myself again! After losing close to 60 pounds, I had gained about 25 back after our challenging spring and lazy summer. I've cooked every night except Friday the last two weeks (hmmm - I should probably post some of the yummy and easy things I'm cooking as I learn how to cook!), and I am feeling much better.

So that's been my last week. To sum it up - it's been a blur. But I'm learning a lot and having fun. I just need to remember to write it down and tell you all about it!

No comments: