Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

GO!!!

After weeks of preparing my new classroom and meeting my new teammates, tomorrow is the big day. We finally, FINALLY get to work with our kiddos.

Every teacher can probably think back to the opening day inservice speeches that we've heard about change and attitude, but how often do any of us really have the opportunity to get a fresh start and really, really CHANGE how we do things? This year, I have just that.

When I say I'm at a new building, it's not just the physical building that I am talking about. In addition to the beautiful new facilities, I am part of a new staff that is comprised of people from 6 other buildings, and we have students who are coming to us from 5 elementary schools. Our support staff come from the same number of buildings, and we are developing everything from scratch.

As I was enjoying my Sunday night bubble bath (okay, I'm all about change, but I am not giving up the Sunday night bubble bath!!) I was reflecting upon what this opportunity means to me, and it's overwhelming. I want to continue to be transparent, I want to give my students learning opportunities that will help them develop a life-long love of learning, and I want to give my students a place where they all feel cared for, safe, and successful enough to achieve anything.

There are so many thoughts swirling around in my head right now in regards to the possibilities and hopes; I can't even put them all down coherently. Seriously - you should have seen how many times I've retyped this! What I can tell you is that I am ridiculously thrilled and equally terrified by the opportunities awaiting me this year, and I cannot wait to see what happens.

No comments: